Re: update non-indexed value is slow if some non-related index/fk are enabled

От Philippe Doussot
Тема Re: update non-indexed value is slow if some non-related index/fk are enabled
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 06/09/2021 16:13, David G. Johnston wrote:
On Monday, September 6, 2021, Philippe Doussot <philippe.doussot@up.coop> wrote:
I whas hopping the same optimisation as you: Write in place.

How exactly would you expect “update-in-place” to work given the nature of MVCC?

David J.

Yes right, it is probably not possible due to concurrency.

I don't know enough about it.

My expectations was naive

Again, thanks David for pointing me to the fact that the raw record was new on each update.

Philippe