Re: Natural ordering in postgresql? Does it exist?

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Natural ordering in postgresql? Does it exist?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Quoth clarkendrizzi@hotmail.com ("Clark Endrizzi"):
> I have a field that I'll be ordering and  I noticed that ordering is
> done logically and would confuse my users here (1,12,16,4,8, etc).
>
> I'm writing an application in PHP that connects to Postgres and while
> I know that PHP has some powerful natural ordering functions it would
> be much easier if I could just use something from postgres directly.
> Does there exist any way to order naturally?

If you wish to impose an ordering on an SQL query, you must specify
that ordering using an "ORDER BY" clause.

That's not a PostgreSQL issue; that's how SQL works.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "gmail.com")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/linux.html