Re: [BUGS] BUG #14792: Invalid ssleay32.dll

От zosrothko
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14792: Invalid ssleay32.dll
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Le 31/08/2017 à 13:53, Sandeep Thakkar a écrit :
Hi,

We confirmed that the said DLL installed by postgresql-9.3.6-2-windows.exe installer is correct i.e 32bit. If it is 64bit, then installation would fail as in the background it runs few binaries. Is the service running fine? Could you provide us with the installation log? It must be in system temp.
Ok you are right...I miss to check the PATH and there is an ssleay32.dll at C:\program files\openvpn\bin which is targeted to x64.... grrrrrrr!

Sorry for this invalid issue that you can close and sorry for the noise around.

By the way, thank you for letting me double check ;)

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 3:45 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 2:39 AM,  <zosrothko@orange.fr> wrote:
> The bin/ssleay32.dll delivered with the postgresql-9.6.3-2-win32
> installation is invalid. This dll is targeted for a x64 machine while it
> should be targeted for a x86 machine. As result, an executable linked with
> the ssleay32.lib fails with the errcode 0xC000007B.
>
> Dumping the ssleay32.dll with Dependency Walker is shwoing a machine x64

That's clearly a bug in the EDB installer then related to packaging
then (I guess that's the EDB one). Compiling things dynamically would
make the DDL dependency needed in the same path as the binaries.
--
Michael