Re: Show method of index

От decibel
Тема Re: Show method of index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On May 8, 2009, at 3:43 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Well, you can see that with \d on the table, but IMHO this should be
> present on \di too, so +1.
>
> One gripe I had with \d and indexes the other day is that it sucks on
> functional indexes -- it just says "pg_expression_1".

The gripe I have with \d is that the "footnotes" are very hard to
scan through once you have more than a few things on a table. What
I'd like to see is a version that provides the same information, but
in a tabular output.

Thoughts? I don't have time to submit a patch for this, but I could
probably get CashNetUSA to pay to have it done. :)
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org