RE: [SQL] TRANSACTIONS and TCP/IP

От Barry Baldwin
Тема RE: [SQL] TRANSACTIONS and TCP/IP
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

I would like to thank everyone for their responses.  I was able to get it
working by using the
various suggestions I received.  I had to turn off the ODBC drivers
autocommit and then
I could use the Tdatabase types' StartTransaction, Commit and RollBack
methods.

Thanks again everybody,

Barry

Barry Baldwin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got postgres 6.5.2 running on a Linux box and I'm developing a client
> app in Delphi.  The client sends SQL commands via TCP/IP.
> I've tried starting a transaction by sending the BEGIN command and then I
> update a table and then send a ROLLBACK command to try
> and abort the transaction.  It doesn't seem to be working.  Even though
I've
> done a rollback the transaction still goes through.
>
> When I start the transaction I get this message on the Linux box console
> NOTICE:   BeginTransactionBlock and not in default state
>
> This indicates that there is a transaction already in process.  I don't
know
> how that can be.
>
> When I issue the rollback command I get this message
> NOTICE:  UserAbortTransactionBlock and not in in-progress state
>
> This indicates that there is no transaction in progress.  There sure
should
> be.
>
> I tried all of the above in psql and it works fine.  Is this something
that
> just won't work over a TCP/IP connection?
>
> Any suggestions on how I can get transactions to work would be greatly
> appreciated,
>
> TIA,
>
> Barry

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [SQL] manually set serial type