Buildfarm status monitoring (was Re: pgsql: Implement channel binding tls-server-end-point for SCRAM)

От Tom Lane
Тема Buildfarm status monitoring (was Re: pgsql: Implement channel binding tls-server-end-point for SCRAM)
Дата
Ответы Re: Buildfarm status monitoring (was Re: pgsql: Implement channelbinding tls-server-end-point for SCRAM)  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-committers
> On 4 January 2018 at 21:02, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> writes:
>>> Implement channel binding tls-server-end-point for SCRAM

>> Buildfarm doesn't like this one bit.

> Can't we automate these messages?

It's not that easy.  First, the buildfarm gets random failures all the
time, due to this and that.  Second, if several commits have occurred
since the critter's last run, it requires some human judgment to figure
out which commit is probably to blame.

You could ameliorate the first problem by waiting for multiple failures
to show up ... but the longer you wait, the worse the second problem
becomes (and the less useful the report would be anyway).

> It would be useful to get automatic message giving a summary of
> buildfarm results at 15, 30 and 60 minute intervals, even if it is
> just ALL CLEAR.

The raw result of that would be too noisy to be useful.  I've wondered
about getting the buildfarm status page to filter out the more obvious
classes of "random failure" --- git pull failures would be one, and
another would be if "no space left on device" appears anywhere in any
of the report's log files.  Don't know how far that would get us, though.