Re: totally different plan when using partitions

От Scara Maccai
Тема Re: totally different plan when using partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hmmm ... why is the inner Nested Loop estimated to produce
> 30120 rows,
> when the cartesian product of its inputs would only be 285
> * 14 = 3990
> rows?

Oh my... didn't notice it!!!

> What PG version is this

That was 8.4 beta1; now tried on

select version()

"PostgreSQL 8.4.0 on sparc-sun-solaris2.10, compiled by cc: Sun C 5.9 SunOS_sparc Patch 124867-02 2007/11/27, 64-bit"

And got same thing:

http://explain-analyze.info/query_plans/3820-query-plan-2526

, and can you extract a
> self-contained
> test case with an equally silly estimate?

mmh... I'll try to "squeeze" the data I'm using and see if it still gets that plan.
How big a test case could be? Could I post it (ftp?) somewhere? (you can email me about this in private if you want)