Re: "JSON does not support infinite date values"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "JSON does not support infinite date values"
Дата
Re: "JSON does not support infinite date values"  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> On 2015-02-26 11:55:20 +0000, Tim Smith wrote:
>> As far as I'm aware, JSON has no data types as such, and so why is
>> Postgres (9.4.1) attempting to impose its own nonsense constraints ?

> "impose its own nonsense constraints" - breathe slowly in, and out, in,
> and out.

> It looks to me like ab14a73a6ca5cc4750f0e00a48bdc25a2293034a copied too
> much code from xml.c - including a comment about XSD... Andrew, was that
> intentional?

Not wanting to put words in Andrew's mouth, but I thought the point of
those changes was that timestamps emitted into JSON should be formatted
per some ISO standard or other, and said standard (almost certainly)
doesn't know what infinity is.

At the same time, there is definitely no such requirement in the JSON spec
itself, so at least the error message is quoting the wrong authority.