Re: TODO-Item: B-tree fillfactor control

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: TODO-Item: B-tree fillfactor control
Дата
Re: TODO-Item: B-tree fillfactor control  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>> - Should indexes remember their fillfactors when they are created?
>> The last fillfactors will be used on next reindex.

> They should remember, for sure, and REINDEX should use it.  It think
> this is similar to the ALTER TABLE ALTER [ COLUMN ] ... SET STATISTICS
> functionality.  It will need to be dumped as well by pg_dump.

If you want it to be dumped by pg_dump (which is debatable IMHO) then
it MUST NOT be a syntax extension, it has to be driven by a GUC
variable, else we have compatibility problems with the dumps.  We just
went through this with WITH/WITHOUT OIDS.