Re: PQputCopyData dont signal error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PQputCopyData dont signal error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
steve k <steven.c.kohler@nasa.gov> writes:
> I realize this is an old thread, but seems to be the only discussion I can
> find on this topic "I have a problem with PQputCopyData function. It doesn't
> signal some error. "

PQputCopyData/PQputCopyEnd are only concerned with transferring data.
After you're done with that, you should call PQgetResult to find out the
COPY command's completion status.  You should get PGRES_COMMAND_OK,
otherwise it'll be an error result.

> Does anyone have any ideas or know if this is being worked on?  Am I
> completely missing something obvious here?

Um ... you could have read the manual:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/libpq-copy.html
Or looked at the source code for psql, which as you noted has no problem
displaying errors for COPY.