Re: localhost resolving

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: localhost resolving
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tonko Racic <tonko.racic@id.ethz.ch> writes:
> I have a problem with local host resolving.
> LOG:  could not resolve "localhost": host nor service provided, or
> not known
> I am running HP-UX 11.23 and have installed postgresql 8.1.3

Googling suggests that that's HPUX's spelling of EAI_NONAME, implying
that resolution of the given name failed.

> Localhost is in /etc/hosts, I also have nsswitch.conf and resolv.conf
> configured.

Configured how?  The nslookup result shows that your DNS server refuses
to resolve "localhost", so I'm thinking you made a mistake somewhere
such that getaddrinfo() isn't looking in /etc/hosts.