Re: [HACKERS] HACKERS[PROPOSAL] split ProcArrayLock into multipleparts

От Sokolov Yura
Тема Re: [HACKERS] HACKERS[PROPOSAL] split ProcArrayLock into multipleparts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, Jim.

How do you ensure of transaction order?

Example:
- you lock shard A and gather info. You find transaction T1 in-progress.
- Then you unlock shard A.
- T1 completes. T2, that depends on T1, also completes. But T2 was on shard B.
- you lock shard B, and gather info from.
- You didn't saw T2 as in progress, so you will lookup into clog then and will find it as commited.

Now you see T2 as commited, but T1 as in-progress - clear violation of transaction order.

Probably you've already solved this issue. If so it would be great to learn the solution.