Re: psql small improvement patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql small improvement patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan A&PS Delivery)" <noriyoshi.shinoda@hpe.com> writes:
> I propose a small improvement to the psql command.
> Currently, psql's help/quit/exit command needs to start from the first position of the prompt.
> The attached patch allows the command to be executed ignoring leading white spaces.

Please read the (very long) thread in which this behavior was designed:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CACYgWUnvCSeiFXyw9%2BVqHVAd%2BfUxYhsrGxacRGJao63gznV9UQ%40mail.gmail.com

Allowing whitespace before the special command was part of the design
early on, eg my proposal at

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/30157.1513058300%40sss.pgh.pa.us

but we eventually decided not to, see further down at

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20180125204630.GA27619%40momjian.us

If you want to reverse that decision you need to present cogent arguments
why, not just send in a patch.

Сообщение: Re: Windows buildfarm members vs. new async-notify isolation test
Сообщение: Re: Windows buildfarm members vs. new async-notify isolation test