Re: Query plan: SELECT vs INSERT from same select

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Query plan: SELECT vs INSERT from same select
Дата
Список pgsql-general
[ please keep the list cc'd ]

Alexander Voytsekhovskyy <young.inbox@gmail.com> writes:
> Sorry again
> here is both links:
> https://explain.depesz.com/s/AEWj
> https://explain.depesz.com/s/CHwF

Don't think I believe that those are the same query --- there's a
CTE in the second one that doesn't appear in the first, and it is
eating a lot of time too.

I have a vague recollection that there are cases where optimizations
are possible in plain SELECT but not in data-modifying queries.
So maybe this isn't pilot error but something triggered by that.
We'd need to see a self-contained test case to verify that though.