Re: libpq.so.4

От Oliver Kohll
Тема Re: libpq.so.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks all, option 2 seems to work for me, just wanted to be sure I wasn't asking for crashes.

Oliver Kohll

On 8 Jun 2008, at 18:01, Tom Lane wrote:

Oliver Kohll <oliver@gtwm.co.uk> writes:
What I've thought of trying so far is
1) creating a symlink called libpq.so.4 towards libpq.so.5 - slightly
dangerous due to possible API changes?

Worth trying.  According to the CVS logs
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-04/msg00341.php
the ABI break from .4 to .5 was simply to stop exporting symbols that
weren't officially part of the API.  So a symlink would work for
applications that played by the rules, and if you have any that
didn't the failure will be pretty obvious.

2) extracting a copy of libpq.so.4 from the previous RPM release of
postgres and manually uploading it

That would work too.

3) building a custom compat package - I don't know how to do this
though.

If you got the 8.3 package from someplace they should have an 8.1
compat package too.

oliver@gtwm.co.uk
 / 0845 456 1810 / 07814 828608
www.gtwm.co.uk - company

NOTE
No contracts may be concluded on behalf of GT webMarque by means of e-mail
communications. The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the
intended recipient at the e-mail address to which it has been addressed;
it may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than this addressee,
nor may it be copied in any way. If received in error please return to
sender via e-mail.

DISCLAIMER
Please note that neither GT webMarque Ltd nor the sender accept any
responsibility for viruses transmitted via e-mail. It is your
responsibility to scan attachments (if any).