Re: [HACKERS] Create language syntax is not proper in pg_dumpall and not working using pg_upgrade

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Create language syntax is not proper in pg_dumpall and not working using pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> pg_dump doesn't really support that scenario, and I don't feel any
>> great need to make it do so.  Per the comment in dumpProcLang:

> Is this assumption, like, documented someplace?

Uh, right there?

> I would be on board with the idea that you (or anyone, really) doesn't
> want to fix this because it's a fairly unimportant issue, but I balk
> at the notion that nothing is wrong here, because to me that looks
> busted.

Well, it's not just unimportant but smack in the middle of code that
is treading a very narrow path to avoid assorted version dependencies.
I don't want to risk breaking cases that are actually important in the
field to support something that's obviously a toy test case.

We might be able to make some simplification/rationalization here
whenever we desupport pg_dump from < 8.1 servers (ie pre pg_pltemplate).
But right now I'm afraid to touch it.