Re: Postgres architecture for multiple instances

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres architecture for multiple instances
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Daniel Verite" <daniel@manitou-mail.org> writes:
>     Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
>> Another important fact is about large objects, if you happen to use
>> them: their OID is not just unique to the database, but to the whole
>> cluster. This means that when you move a database in a cluster from a
>> production system to a database on a test cluster, you may get errors
>> when same OID already exists in target cluster (even if it is used in a
>> different database).

> Well, I'm doing this frequently and it doesn't cause any error.

That's because the above claim is nonsense.  pg_largeobject is not shared
across databases of a cluster.

You could well have collisions against large objects in the same database,
though, if you're adding more large objects to an existing database and
expecting to preserve their OIDs.