Re: Timezone information

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Timezone information
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dev Kumkar <devdas.kumkar@gmail.com> writes:
> How to set timezone in postgreSQL database to pick operating system level
> timezone information.

If you mean you would like to use Windows' timezone data, the answer is
you can't --- and you generally shouldn't want to, because AFAIK their
timezone data is pretty sucky: it's incomplete and not terribly accurate
about historical details.  We use the IANA timezone database[1], which is
where those names like Asia/Calcutta come from.

Most modern operating systems use the IANA database for their system-level
timezone knowledge, but Windows is still in the dark ages last I heard.

            regards, tom lane

[1] http://www.iana.org/time-zones