Re: [BUGS] Re: [BUGS] BUG #14695: Documentation is not accurate

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] Re: [BUGS] BUG #14695: Documentation is not accurate
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Jaroslav Sivy <yarex@pobox.sk> writes:
> The problem is in "largest integer not greater than argument" and "smallest integer not less than argument"
> As you can see Largest integer from -42.8 is not -43, but infact its 42, because in negative numbers -42 > -43

Well, it still looks correct to me.  FWIW, you're not the first to be
confused by this.  In currently-supported releases we've rephrased it as

ceil(dp or numeric)    nearest integer greater than or equal to argument

floor(dp or numeric)    nearest integer less than or equal to argument

But 8.1 is six years out of support and its docs aren't going to be
updated any more.