Re: BUG #12344: libcurses issue with psql binary of Solaris package

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #12344: libcurses issue with psql binary of Solaris package
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
egoitz@sarenet.es writes:
> I'm giving a try to
> https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v9.4.0/solaris/solaris11/i386/postgresql-9.4.0-S11.i386-64.tar.bz2
> under Solaris 11.2. All seems to be running fine although I have found an
> issue running the psql binary. It generates a core if you hit for example
> CTRL+A after writting an amount of text. I do paste here the test content
> and the core in order to fixed...

This is evidently a bug in libreadline or libedit (whichever you're
using), and almost certainly has nothing to do with psql proper.

The mention of el_gets() in the stack trace makes me suspect that it's
libedit, which is not terribly surprising because frankly we've seen a
darn lot of nasty bugs in that library.  They do fix 'em, so you could try
getting a newer version of libedit.  Or you could get GNU readline and
rebuild against that.  TBH I'd recommend the latter solution.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #12330: ACID is broken for unique constraints
Сообщение: Re: BUG #12330: ACID is broken for unique constraints