Re: format of pg_upgrade loadable_libraries warning

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: format of pg_upgrade loadable_libraries warning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Oct  4, 2019 at 05:40:08PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
>> I would argue to include in 12.1, since 12 is what most everyone will use for
>> upgrades, and patch for .1 will help people upgrading for 11 of the next 12
>> months.  (But, your patch is more general than mine).

> No, there might be tools that depend on the existing format, and this is
> the first report of confusion I have read.

Translations will also lag behind any such change.  Speaking of which,
it might be a good idea to include some translator: annotations to
help translators understand what context these fragmentary phrases
are used in.  I'd actually say that my biggest concern with these
messages is whether they can translate into something sane.