Re: UDP Overflow / UDP Drops on Standby Postgres Service

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: UDP Overflow / UDP Drops on Standby Postgres Service
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Postgres Question <postgresquestion@gmail.com> writes:
> Essentially a UDP buffer associated with the pg_standby process on my
> localhost interface gradually fills up once I start Postgres until it
> hits its maximum capacity and then proceeds to steadily drop packets. A
> restart of Postgres (of course) clears the buffer, but then it begins
> filling up again.

AFAICS, there is nothing at all in pg_standby that does IPC of any sort,
let alone UDP transmission in particular.  It just does filesystem
access.  Perhaps you're running on an NFS filesystem and the UDP traffic
is associated with that?  If so, though, any failure to collect packets
would be a bug in glibc, not pg_standby.

A different theory is that pg_standby is just the last surviving child
of some process that opened a UDP port and never closed it.  What is
spawning pg_standby in your system?