TODO item: make pg_dump use dependencies to choose dump order

От Tom Lane
Тема TODO item: make pg_dump use dependencies to choose dump order
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I can't find any TODO item that mentions fixing pg_dump's deficiencies
concerning choosing an order to dump the database objects in.  The
existing method (basically, dump in OID order) tends to fail in
situations where you've used ALTER TABLE, and in any case it breaks down
completely after OID wraparound.

When using a 7.3 or later database, pg_dump could use the pg_depend
entries to deduce a safe order for dumping objects.  This will be a
big rewrite and I don't see it happening for 7.3, but I think it
should be on the TODO list.