Re: Invalid statement name (null) in line ## - what am I doing wrong ?

От leif@crysberg.dk
Тема Re: Invalid statement name (null) in line ## - what am I doing wrong ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Albe,

   Thank you for precise answer. And yes, I have (at least) 2 connections, all named. So I am even not using the
'default'connection prepared statement as you point out.

   I have looked a little further into the output of ecpg as well as adding the "AT <connection>" to my statements.
Addingthe "AT" to the prepare statement seems to have fixed the named error :-). However, after that I'm not able to
compilemy stuff on the 8.2 installation. Is there a way to 'detect' (using #if .... ) whether I am using 8.2 or 8.3+ ?

   I also tried to put the "AT <connection>" on the the ALLOCATE/DEALLOCATE DESCRIPTOR statements, which was accepted
forthe ALLOCATE, but gave an error for the DEALLOCATE. I can see in the ecpg output that the "AT" is not (yet?) used
forthese statements, so I guess that it is ok to leave them as is?

   Are all this documented somewhere ?

   Once again, thank you for pointing out the problem.

 Leif