Re: Extremely slow DELETE with cascade foreign keys

От Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas
Тема Re: Extremely slow DELETE with cascade foreign keys
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Em 05-12-2017 14:27, Tom Lane escreveu:
> Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas <rr.rosas@gmail.com> writes:
>> Hi, I think something changed recently in my development environment as
>> I don't recall deletes being so slow before.
>> I've created a new dump and restored to a new database, ran VACUUM FULL
>> ANALYSE and a simple delete takes forever as you can see here:
> The usual suspect for this is not having an index on some FK referencing
> column, thus forcing the FK check trigger to seq-scan the entire
> referencing table for each referenced row that is to be deleted.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Thanks, indeed that was the case. I manually inspected about a dozen
tables referencing field_values and the last one ("references") was
referenced by another table ("highlighted_texts") and the reference_id
column that has a foreign key on "references"(id) was missing an index.

Good job :)

Best,

Rodrigo.

Сообщение: Re: Extremely slow DELETE with cascade foreign keys
Сообщение: Re: Extremely slow DELETE with cascade foreign keys