Re: hyrax vs. RelationBuildPartitionDesc

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: hyrax vs. RelationBuildPartitionDesc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 05:03:21PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
>> The problem lies in all branches that have partitioning, so it should be
>> listed under Older Bugs, right?  You may have noticed that I posted
>> patches for all branches down to 10.

> I have noticed.  The message from Tom upthread outlined that an open
> item should be added, but this is not one.  That's what I wanted to
> emphasize.  Thanks for making it clearer.

To clarify a bit: there's more than one problem here.  Amit added an
open item about pre-existing leaks related to rd_partcheck.  (I'm going
to review and hopefully push his fix for that today.)  However, there's
a completely separate leak associated with mismanagement of rd_pdcxt,
as I showed in [1], and it doesn't seem like we have consensus about
what to do about that one.  AFAIK that's a new bug in 12 (caused by
898e5e329) and so it ought to be in the main open-items list.

This thread has discussed a bunch of possible future changes like
trying to replace copying of relcache-provided data structures
with reference-counting, but I don't think any such thing could be
v12 material at this point.  We do need to fix the newly added
leak though.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/10797.1552679128%40sss.pgh.pa.us