Re: [HACKERS] retry shm attach for windows (WAS: Re: OK, so culicidae is *still* broken)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] retry shm attach for windows (WAS: Re: OK, so culicidae is *still* broken)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Jul 10, 2017 16:08, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Okay, so that leaves us with a decision to make: push it into beta2, or
>> wait till after wrap?  I find it pretty scary to push a patch with
>> portability implications so soon before wrap, but a quick look at the
>> buildfarm suggests we'd get runs from 3 or 4 Windows members before the
>> wrap, if I do it quickly.  If we wait, then it will hit the field in
>> production releases with reasonable buildfarm testing but little more.
>> That's also pretty scary.
>> On balance I'm tempted to push it now for beta2, but it's a close call.
>> Thoughts?

> Given the lack of windows testing on non packaged releases I think we
> should definitely push this for beta2. That will give it a much better real
> world testing on what is still a beta.
> If it breaks its a lot better to do it in beta2 (and possibly quickly roll
> a beta3) than in production.

Shall we go for broke and also remove the ASLR-disabling patch in beta2?
I do not feel a need to back-patch that one, at least not yet.  But if
we're going to do it any time soon, a beta seems like the time.

Сообщение: [HACKERS] Re: retry shm attach for windows (WAS: Re: OK, so culicidae is*still* broken)
Сообщение: [HACKERS] Re: retry shm attach for windows (WAS: Re: OK, so culicidae is*still* broken)