[HACKERS] Subscriber resets additional columns to NULL on UPDATE

От Petr Jelinek
Тема [HACKERS] Subscriber resets additional columns to NULL on UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I found bug in logical replication where extra (nullable) columns on
subscriber will be reset to NULL value when update comes from provider.

The issue is apparently that we /points finger at himself/ forgot to
check specifically for columns that are not part of attribute map in
slot_modify_cstrings() so the extra columns will fall through to the
else block which sets the value to NULL.

Attached patch fixes it and adds couple of tests for this scenario.

This is rather serious issue so it would be good if we could get it
fixed in 10.1.