Re: Cities name column name inconsistent

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Cities name column name inconsistent
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 14.06.21 18:29, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 12:48:25PM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 12, 2021, 12:28 PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>      The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
>>
>>      Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/tutorial-fk.html
>>
>>      In earlier sections of the tutorial, the cities table had a column called
>>      'name'. In this chapter, when creating the revised schema with foreign
>>      keys,
>>      the same column in the cities is now called 'city'.
>>

>> You are correct.  I don't see an urgent need to spend time figuring out
>> something different.
>
> I wrote the attached patch to improve this case.

The tutorial documentation is meant to be consistent with src/tutorial/,
which uses cities.name, so calling the column "city" was just plain
wrong in that respect.

Сообщение: Re: Has the Update savepoint example outlived its usefulness?
Сообщение: Re: Has the Update savepoint example outlived its usefulness?