Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
John Iliffe <john.iliffe@iliffe.ca> writes:
> On Wednesday 08 March 2017 23:35:10 Tom Lane wrote:
>> That isn't proving a lot: as I showed in my example lsof output,
>> Fedora's lsof will map "5432" to "postgres" in the context of an IP
>> port number. (I'm sure there's a way to turn that off, but -n ain't
>> it.)

> Yes, but your lsof output also showed a line for postmaster and mine
> doesn't.

That's because I started mine by saying "postmaster" not "postgres".
It's not real relevant, just ancient habit of mine.

> In your case postmaster has an IPv6 TCP socket (but no IPv4 I
> notice)

Uh, what?  I showed an IPv6, an IPv4, and a Unix socket.

> The following is from ss, the new version of netstat:
> tcp    LISTEN     0      128    127.0.0.1:postgres              *:*
> tcp    LISTEN     0      128       ::1:postgres             :::*

Well, that's pretty interesting, because it proves that *something* has
got IPv4 port 5432 open.  If not your manually-started postmaster, then
what?  You need to inquire into that a bit harder.  Running lsof as root
and examining all processes might help.