Re: connection time out

От salah jubeh
Тема Re: connection time out
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Guys,

It was about some firewall rules setup by the system administrator.

Thanks

From: salah jubeh <s_jubeh@yahoo.com>
To: pgsql <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Mon, June 20, 2011 12:39:51 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] connection time out

 Hello Guys,

I have a database server and I have created another replica of it on another machine. The new replica is running fine locally, but I can not access it from another clients, the pg_hba.conf file is the same as the original database server.

when I try to connect to the server I get

psql: could not connect to server: Connection timed out
    Is the server running on host "xxx" and accepting
    TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I can access the original server from the  client I am trying to access the replica, So, I think the problem is not related to postgresql conf. Certainly I can access the replica using ssh and I pinged it and every thing is fine. I am  wondering what are the reasons that might cause this problem.

Regards