Re: pgsql: Add tests for '-f' option in dropdb utility.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Add tests for '-f' option in dropdb utility.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> The message expected by this test was: "FATAL:  terminating connection
> due to administrator command" which seems to be fine in most cases but
> not all.

I think the correct question to ask is "why not all cases"?

> I think we just need to change the expected message the same as in
> 013_crash_restart.pl to make this test pass on all platforms.

If DROP FORCE sometimes gives victim sessions the impression that the
server crashed, rather than that they were kicked off intentionally,
I think that's totally unacceptable.  "Fixing" this by changing the
test to allow it is not the answer, and if we can't find a better
answer, I'm going to vote to revert the feature.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add tests for '-f' option in dropdb utility.
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add tests for '-f' option in dropdb utility.