Re: New EXPLAIN option: ALL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: New EXPLAIN option: ALL
Дата
Re: New EXPLAIN option: ALL  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> I hope the patch is a little easier to digest as now attached.

To be blunt, I find 500K worth of changes in the regression test
outputs to be absolutely unacceptable, especially when said changes
are basically worthless from a diagnostic standpoint.  There are
at least two reasons why this won't fly:

* Such a change would be a serious obstacle to back-patching
regression test cases that involve explain output.

* Some buildfarm members use nonstandard settings (notably
force_parallel_mode, but I don't think that's the only one).
We are *not* going to maintain variant output files to try to cope
with all those combinations.  It'd be even more disastrous for
private forks that might have their own affected settings.

I don't know how to make progress towards the original goal
without having a regression-test disaster, but what we have
here is one.