Re: xact_start for walsender & logical decoding not updated

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: xact_start for walsender & logical decoding not updated
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> The buildfarm seems less than happy with this.

... and, having now looked at the patch, I'm not surprised.
Breaking stmtStartTimestamp, which is what you did, seems like
an awfully side-effect-filled route to the goal.  If you want
to prevent monitoring from showing this, why didn't you just
prevent monitoring from showing it?  That is, I'd have expected
some am_walsender logic in or near pgstat.c, not here.