Re: tests against running server occasionally fail, postgres_fdw & tenk1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tests against running server occasionally fail, postgres_fdw & tenk1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> The most frequent case is postgres_fdw, which somewhat regularly fails with a
>> regression.diff like this:
>> WHERE application_name = 'fdw_retry_check';
>> pg_terminate_backend
>> ----------------------
>> - t
>> -(1 row)
>> +(0 rows)

> Unless somebody comes up with a way to make the test more reliable pretty
> soon, I think we should just remove it. It's one of the most frequently
> flapping tests at the moment.

If that's the only diff, we could just hide it, say by writing

do $$ begin
PERFORM pg_terminate_backend(pid, 180000) FROM pg_stat_activity
WHERE application_name = 'fdw_retry_check';
end $$;

The actually important thing is the failure check after this;
we don't care that much whether the initially-created connection
is still live at this point.