Re: SQL compatibility reminder: MySQL vs PostgreSQL

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: SQL compatibility reminder: MySQL vs PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: SQL compatibility reminder: MySQL vs PostgreSQL  (Hitoshi Harada <umi.tanuki@gmail.com>)
Re: SQL compatibility reminder: MySQL vs PostgreSQL  ("Pierre C" <lists@peufeu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:17 AM, Pierre C <lists@peufeu.com> wrote:

>> My opinion is that PostgreSQL should accept any MySQL syntax and return
>> warnings. I believe that we should access even innodb syntax and turn it
>> immediately into PostgreSQL tables. This would allow people with no
>> interest in SQL to migrate from MySQL to PostgreSQL without any harm.
>
> A solution would be a SQL proxy (a la pgpool) with query rewriting.

This sounds like a better idea...

>> PHP developers don't have time to invest in learning deep SQL.
>
> This is true, and it is a big problem IMHO. It results in lots of slow,
> broken, insecure database designs.

So, if php dev doesn't have time to learn to do things right then we
have to find time to learn to do things wrong? seems like a nosense
argument to me

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova