Re: Review: support for multiplexing SIGUSR1

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: Review: support for multiplexing SIGUSR1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 2:57 AM, Jaime
Casanova<jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm reviewing this patch:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/3f0b79eb0907022341m1d36a841x19c3e2a5a6906b5b@mail.gmail.com

Another thing that took my attention, i don't think this is safe (it
assumes only one auxiliary process of any type, don't know if we have
various of the same kind but...):

+       /*
+        * Assign backend ID to auxiliary processes like backends, in order to
+        * allow multiplexing signal to auxiliary processes. Since backends use
+        * ID in the range from 1 to MaxBackends (inclusive), we assign
+        * auxiliary processes with MaxBackends + AuxProcType + 1 as
an unique ID.
+       MyBackendId = MaxBackends + auxType + 1;
+       MyProc->backendId = MyBackendId;

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova