Re: Saner interval hash function

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: Saner interval hash function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> I don't think there's a whole lot of choice in the matter.  We have to
> patch this, and put in the next release notes "if you have any hash
> indexes on interval columns, REINDEX them after updating".  Does anyone
> see it differently, or have some brilliant idea for another solution?

no better idea... but i don't think is really an issue: in all active
branches hash indexes are not recommended (at least the docs says
there is no evidence that they will perform better than a btree and
establish that they are not crash-safe) so, if really there are some
in use and in an interval column (a very low combination i think) they
should be used to execute REINDEX anyway

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova