Re: rules regression test failed on mingw

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: rules regression test failed on mingw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Well, one thing you should try is
>
>        select 'wieck'::text < 'wiech'::text;
>        select 'wieck'::text > 'wiech'::text;

Administrador@casanova10 ~/pg.build/8.4dev
$ bin/psql -a -f test.sql postgres
select 'wieck'::text < 'wiech'::text;?column?
----------t
(1 row)

select 'wiech'::text < 'wieck'::text;?column?
----------f
(1 row)

> just to confirm whether the comparisons are actually working that way
> or we've got some other issue.

ok, confirmed...

> You could also try initdb'ing in other
> locales to see if the behavior changes.

Actually, using Spanish_Ecuador.1252 (wich is the one a i should use
from the beginning anyway ;) gives correct results, maybe the other
behaviour is correct in spain... we have a lot of spanish languages ;)

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova