Re: BUG #16045: vacuum_db crash and illegal memory alloc after pg_upgrade from PG11 to PG12

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16045: vacuum_db crash and illegal memory alloc after pg_upgrade from PG11 to PG12
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> Fair enough, attached is a patch doing that, I think. Maybe the file
> should be named differently, as it contains other objects than just
> tables.

Seems about right, though I notice it will not detect domains over
sql_identifier.  How much do we care about that?

To identify such domains, I think we'd need something like
WHERE attypid IN (recursive-WITH-query), which makes me nervous.
We did support those starting with 8.4, which is as far back as
pg_upgrade will go, so in theory it should work.  But I think we
had bugs with such cases in old releases.  Do we want to assume
that the source server has been updated enough to avoid any such
bugs?  The expense of such a query might be daunting, too.