Re: Zero-padding and zero-masking fixes for to_char(float)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Zero-padding and zero-masking fixes for to_char(float)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> This seems to have broken jacana.  Looks like MSVC by default has a 3 digit
> exponent.

jacana was broken before this patch; but some other Windows critters
are now unhappy as well.

> Going by this:
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0fatw238(v=vs.80).aspx it seems
> that it can quite easily be set back to 2.

> I've attached a patch which seems to fix the issue.

That seems likely to have side-effects far beyond what's appropriate.
We have gone out of our way to accommodate 3-digit exponents in other
tests.  What I want to know is why this patch created a 3-digit output
where there was none before.