Re: No core file generated after PostgresNode->start

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: No core file generated after PostgresNode->start
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 04:15:26PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 10:48 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> I have a standing note to check the permissions on /cores after any macOS
>>> upgrade, because every so often Apple decides that that directory ought to
>>> be read-only.

>> Thanks, that was my problem.

> Was that a recent problem with Catalina and/or Mojave?  I have never
> seen an actual problem up to 10.13.

I don't recall exactly when I started seeing this, but it was at least
a couple years back, so maybe Mojave.  I think it's related to Apple's
efforts to make the root filesystem read-only.  (It's not apparent to
me how come I can write in /cores when "mount" clearly reports

/dev/disk1s1 on / (apfs, local, read-only, journaled)

but nonetheless it works, as long as the directory permissions permit.)