Re: File descriptors inherited by restore_command

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: File descriptors inherited by restore_command
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> In practice, as long as we use O_CLOEXEC
> for files opened by fd.c, that would eliminate the actual too-many-fds
> hazard.  I don't object to desultorily looking around for other places
> where we might want to add it, but personally I'd be satisfied with a
> patch that CLOEXEC-ifies fd.c.

Actually, even that much coverage might be exciting.  Be sure to test
patch with EXEC_BACKEND to see if it causes zapping of any files the
postmaster needs to pass down to backends.

Сообщение: Re: File descriptors inherited by restore_command
Сообщение: Re: File descriptors inherited by restore_command