Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric
Дата
Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> "Tom" == Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>  Tom> ... btw, has anyone noticed that this patch broke hamerkop and
>  Tom> bowerbird?  Or at least, it's hard to see what other recent commit
>  Tom> would explain the failures they're showing.

> Now that Robert committed the fix for 64bit Datum w/o USE_FLOAT8_BYVAL,
> bowerbird seems fixed (hamerkop hasn't run yet).

> I see nothing in the win32 stuff that tries to define USE_FLOAT8_BYVAL
> on 64-bit windows, is this just an oversight or does it not actually
> work there? or is it for on-disk compatibility with 32-bit windows?

That flag doesn't affect on-disk compatibility.  It could certainly break
third-party extensions, but we accept the same hazard on non-Windows with
equanimity.  I suspect this point simply wasn't revisited when we added
support for 64-bit Windows.

Having said that, I'm fine with leaving this as-is, if only because
it means we're exercising the --disable-float8-byval code paths in
the buildfarm ;-)