Re: renaming configure.in to configure.ac

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: renaming configure.in to configure.ac
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It was mentioned elsewhere in passing that a new Autoconf release might
> be coming.  That one will warn about the old naming "configure.in" and
> request "configure.ac".  So we might want to rename that sometime.
> Before we get into the specifics, I suggest that all interested parties
> check whether buildfarm scripts, packaging scripts, etc. need to be
> adjusted for the newer name.

Along the same line, I read at [1]

    Because it has been such a long time, and because some of the changes
    potentially break existing Autoconf scripts, we are conducting a
    public beta test before the final release of version 2.70.  Please
    test this beta with your autoconf scripts, and report any problems you
    find to the Savannah bug tracker:

Maybe we should do some pro-active testing, rather than just waiting for
2.70 to get dropped on us?  God knows how long it will be until 2.71.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2020-07/msg00006.html