Re: Status of plperl inter-sp calling

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Status of plperl inter-sp calling
Дата
Re: Status of plperl inter-sp calling  (Garick Hamlin <ghamlin@isc.upenn.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> spi_rv = SPI_execute(query, current_call_data->prodesc->fn_readonly,
>>                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> OK, but won't that automatically supply the value from the function
> called from postgres, which will be the right thing?

My point was that that is exactly the wrong thing.  If I have a function
declared stable, it must not suddenly start behaving as volatile because
it was called from a volatile function.  Nor vice versa.

Now as I mentioned upthread, there might be other ways to get the
correct value of the readonly parameter.  One that comes to mind is
to somehow attach it to the spi call "at compile time", whatever that
means in the perl world.  But you can't just have it be determined by
the outermost active function call.