Re: pg_dump compatibility level / use create view instead of create table/rule

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump compatibility level / use create view instead of create table/rule
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Alex Williams <valenceshell@protonmail.com> writes:
> Can someone let me know when you're doing a pg_dump, can you specify not to use the view rules so that the statement
inthe pg_dump file uses create view instead of create table/create rule?

No.

> We dump from 9.5.5 and restore to one 9.5.18 server and two 9.2 servers....we've been doing this for awhile and had
noissues until recently with certain views that are trying to be restored with rule views (some views in the pg_dump
fileare created with create view and some by create table / create rule)

In general, we don't promise that pg_dump output from major version N
can be loaded into previous major versions.  Having said that, 9.2
should not have a problem with either the CREATE VIEW or CREATE TABLE-
plus-CREATE RULE approaches per se, so there's some critical detail
that you haven't told us about.  You didn't show the actual error
messages, either.

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Alex Williams
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump compatibility level / use create view instead of create table/rule
От: Ed Behn
Сообщение: Set FILLFACTOR for primary key