Re: About Portuguese language support of Text Search

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: About Portuguese language support of Text Search
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Black White <blacklikeread@gmail.com> writes:
> I have a question to confirm with you. In this link
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/textsearch-psql.html, pgsql mentions
> supporting multiple languages of Text Search, which includes Portuguese.
> What I want to confirm is that the supported Portuguese here including both
> Brazil Portuguese and Portugal Portuguese? Or just Portugal Portuguese?

There's just one "portuguese" configuration in our standard set of text
search configurations.  The only things that are really language-specific
about it are the Snowball stemmer (to discard uninteresting word
terminations, such as plurals) and the stop-list of common words to
ignore.  It might be that neither of those are particularly specific to
one dialect of Portuguese --- at least, the upstream Snowball code/docs
don't seem to mention anything about that.

In any case, you could create your own modified configuration if you
don't like what the standard one does.  The stopword list, in particular,
is quite trivial to modify.