Re: WSL (windows subsystem on linux) users will need to turn fsync off as of 11.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WSL (windows subsystem on linux) users will need to turn fsync off as of 11.2
Дата
Re: WSL (windows subsystem on linux) users will need to turn fsyncoff as of 11.2  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-general
Bruce Klein <brucek@gmail.com> writes:
> If you are running Postgres inside Microsoft WSL (at least on Ubuntu, maybe
> on others too), and just picked up a software update to version 11.2, you
> will need to go into your /etc/postgresql.conf file and set fsync=off.

Hm.  Probably this is some unexpected problem with the
panic-on-fsync-failure change; although that still leaves some things
unexplained, because if fsync is failing for you now, why didn't it fail
before?  Anyway, you might try experimenting with data_sync_retry,
instead of running with scissors by turning off fsync altogether.
See first item in the release notes:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/release-11-2.html

Also, we'd quite like to hear more details; can you find any PANIC
messages in the server log?