Re: Garbage contents after running autoconf 2.69

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Garbage contents after running autoconf 2.69
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I was just modifying configure.in for another patch, then tried to
> generate the new configure with autoconf on Debian.  However I am
> bumping into some noise in the process.

Project practice is to use plain-vanilla autoconf 2.69.  Vendor
packages tend to contain various "improvements" that will cause you
to get different results than other committers do.  Fortunately
autoconf is pretty trivial to install: grab from the GNU archive,
configure, make, make install should do it.

My habit is to configure with, say, --prefix=/usr/local/autoconf-2.69
and then insert /usr/local/autoconf-2.69/bin in my PATH.  This makes
it relatively painless to cope with using different autoconf versions
for different PG branches (though at the moment that's not a thing
to worry about).

> Or is there some specific configuration which can be used
> with autoconf, in which case it would be interesting to document that
> for developers?

Hmm, I thought this was documented somewhere, but I'm not awake
enough to remember where.